Thank you to everyone who came to the Sunday service, it was wonderful to meet and share fellowship – before, during and after the service! We started a new theme which is also part three of our church’s vision: Equipping to Live and Lead with Purpose and Passion”. This is a very interesting topic to dive into and think about in which areas of our lives we can live it out more.
For this next Sunday Service I would like to repeat what we should all keep in mind before and when we are in the church. Let’s follow this as best we can and help each other out by reminding each other, and in that way care for each other.
– There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.
– Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk, go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you want to use a protective mask you are of course free to do so
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
13.9. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday. Out pastor Stefan Forsbäck will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can take your coffee with you. Welcome! NOTE! No Himlakul Sunday School this Sunday.
EVENTS COMING UP:
WELCOME TO TOWN – last day to register is today! (10th September)
Our famous Welcome to Town party is arranged again this year with Studentmissionen and will take place 11.9 at 19 o’clock – for the first time in the Kupittaa park! A party with great food, fun programs with new and old friends is promised. A perfect opportunity to take with your new friends or come to if you are new in Åbo! Here is the link to the event, remember to register through the link on the page: https://www.facebook.com/events/299376028031868
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom can be found in our Åbo Metsku – group on Facebook.
CAMP METSKU – register latest on Tuesday!
Link to the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/311125946838487
REGISTRATION via this link: https://forms.gle/VAXfjgymTXJT8XRt9
The last day for registration is Tuesday the 15th of September
The prices for the whole camp are: 85€ adults / 60 € children (7-16 years) / children under school age are free.
DISCOUNT: If you are serving regularly in a team in Metsku we will pay part of your or your child’s registration fee. In that case the prices will be 75 € adults / 50 € children (7-16 years) / children under school age are free.
NOTE! We are looking for a few people who could help with the kids’ program and youth program during the camp together with the main leaders and then you get a further discount of the price or the whole camp for free. Just let us know if you want to help!
Listen to last Sunday’s message from Kenneth Grönroos HERE.