I hope that in this season of life you are experiencing God’s faithfulness and mercy, and the fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ. We will continue the theme which is also part three of our church’s vision: “Equipping to Live and Lead with Purpose and Passion”. This is a very interesting topic to dive into and think about in which areas of our lives we can live it out more. In order to minimize risks due to corona, let’s all follow the instructions you can find under “Extra info” below.
27.9. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday. The head pastor of the Petrus Lutheran church in Helsinki, Daniel Björk, will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”. Note, there is no Sunday School Himlakul. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can take your coffee with you. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom can be found in our news letter and in our “Åbo Metsku” – group in Facebook.
Listen to last Sunday’s message from Stefan Forsbäck HERE.
After listening to the sermon, take some time and think about these questions (you can do it alone or for example with your lifegroup):
1.Stefan used the picture of a black and a white dog fighting (as a picture of the heart’s ability to do both good and evil, Luke 6:43-45), and the one you feed will win. What are your white dog and black dog made of? What do you need to do in order for the right one to win?
2. Who sanctifies us, and what is our own responsibility in this process?
3. In his sermon, Stefan mentions three steps to sanctification: a humble heart, prayer and the Word (the Bible). Is any of these steps extra easy or difficult for you to take? Why?
4. According to 2 Tim 2:21-22 there are certain evil desires we need to flee from. Which are these in your life?
5. Who are you helping to grow in their faith? Who is helping you?
Bible passages from the sermon (some extra that due to time were not mentioned): Matt 5:8, Hebr 12:14, Luk 6:43-45, Prov 4:23, 1 Pet 1:13-15, Hebr 2:11, 1 Pet 1:2, 2 Cor 7:1, 1 Thess 4:1-3, 7, 1 Cor 1:9, 2 Thess 2:13, 2 Kings 22:18-19, Ps 51:18-19, 1 Cor 2:10, Rom 12:1-2, Joh 17:17, James 1:21, Joh 8:31-32, 2 Tim 2:21-22, Tit 2:11-14, 2 Tim 2:1, 2 Cor 12:9-10, Phil 2:12-13
Remember the Corona restrictions before and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.- Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk, go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you want to use a protective mask you are of course free to do so
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a relaxing weekend!