4.10. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday. Pastor Stefan Forsbäck will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”. Sunday School Himlakul is arranged for the children. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can of course take your coffee with you. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom can be found in our Åbo Metsku group on Facebook.
Listen to last Sunday’s message from Daniel Björk HERE.
After listening to the sermon, take some time and think about these questions (you can do it alone or for example with your lifegroup):
1. Daniel describes the church with a picture of a ship. In what way does this picture speak to you?
2. In the center of churches that grow and become movements is the insight that “Jesus is Lord”. Why is this so important? What does it mean for your life and spiritual fellowship?
3. “Living in the way that Jesus would have lived, if he had your life” – what direction would this give to your life? What would Jesus have done with the resources you have?
4. In what way has our society’s ideals of consumption affected us when we grew up? In what way did Jesus go against these ideals when he was walking on the earth?
5. In what circumstances does deep fellowship seem to grow extraordinarily strong? Why? Have you experienced such a fellowship? When was this?
6. Everyone has one of the ascension gifts mentioned in the letter to the Ephesians. Which one is your perspective or function? Why do we have these gifts, what is the aim?
7. Think about Daniel’s finishing questions: Do you recognize where you are, and who can help you to grow in that gift? Today, who has the gift that you want to grow in? Do you have ways and possibilities to grow in your gifts? Think about Daniel’s finishing words: You must give it a try – if it is worth doing, it is worth doing poorly in the beginning. It gets better later on.
Remember the Corona restrictions before, during and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.- Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk, go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you want to use a protective mask you are of course free to do so
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a wonderful week!