11.10. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday. Anna Stenlund-Degbey will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”. Unfortunately no Sunday School for children this Sunday. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can of course take your coffee with you. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom can be found in the news letter or the Åbo Metsku – group on Facebook.
Listen to last Sunday’s message “How trials form us” from Stefan Forsbäck HERE.
After or during listening, think about these questions alone or with your life group:
1. Stefan received the advice that the important thing is not what happens to us, but how you choose to understand it and handle it. Do you agree? In what way would this attitude affect you?
2. Why is it so important to put away what holds you back? What examples of things that weigh you down does Stefan use, and have you seen these in your own life? Are there in our culture burdens that you are praised for bearing (even though it would be better to put them away)?
3. Is every single thing happening to you a way for God to test your life?
4. Why are there temptations, what are their origins? (Jak 1:13-15)
5. What does Hebrews 12 teach us to do in times of trial? Do you have other advice to give?
6. What did come to mind when you heard Stefan share the parallel that our lives are like gold being cleansed?
7. What Bible passage gives you comfort and hope in times of trials?
Bible passages: Hebr 12:1-15, Hebr 5:7-9, Hebr 4:14-16, Rom 8:28-29, Jam 1:13-15, Jam 1:2-5, Hebr 10:35-36, Jam 1:12, 1 Pet 1:5-7, 1 Pet 4:12-19, 1 Cor 10:13, Isa 49:2-3, John 12:24-25, Jam 5:13, Hebr 4:16, Jam 1:5, 1 Pet 4:19
Remember the Corona restrictions before, during and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– In the Turku area, we are advised to wear face masks when gathering indoors. Bring your own or take one at the entrance of the church.- There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.- Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk, go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you want to use a protective mask you are of course free to do so
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a wonderful weekend!