25.10. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday. Note! The time changes to winter time the night between Saturday and Sunday, so remember to change it one hour backwards. Daniel Acquah will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”, which is a part of the church’s vision. There is Himlakul Sunday School for children. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can of course take your coffee with you when you leave. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom (for Monday meetings) can be found in our news letter or Facebook Åbo Metsku – group
Listen to last Sunday’s message “The battleground of the mind” from pastor Stefan Forsbäck HERE. After or during listening, think about these questions alone or with your life group:
1. Why is it so important to be able to control your mind? Why is it important for us as Christians?
2. There should be a balance in how you speak about the victory of Christ, and the devil and demons. How would you define that balance, and do you have that in your mind?
3. What is the opposite of faith? Why is that so dangerous, and how has the devil in the Bible started the process of sowing doubt into people’s minds? Can you see parallels in your life?
4. In which areas is it easier for you to believe lies and untruths instead of God’s truth? How can that change, and what is the actual truth in those areas?
5. What did you know about the devil and demons before the sermon? What new things did you learn? (For example, from Luke 11:24-28 and Matt 16:21-23)? How can you live this out?
6. In what ways can there be holes in the armour of righteousness, that allows the devil to get to you? What does this mean for your life, are there things you need to deal with?
7. How can we capture every thought to make it obedient to Christ? Do you have old or new patterns of thinking that need to be broken?
8. Our weapons and tools for standing against the devil are submitting to God (repent, confess sin) and standing against the devil in Jesus’ name (the truth). How do we do this?
9. What does it mean to speak in faith? How can you do that? Which part of the spiritual weapons are you using then? What is the first step?
10. Which Bible passage of the sermon was especially important to you? Could you take some time and learn it by heart?
Bible passages: Prov 25:28, Prov 16:32, Hebr 5:14, 1 Peter 5:8-9, 2 Cor 4:4, 2 Cor 11:3-4, John 10:10, John 8:43-44, Matt 4, Luke 11:24-28, Matt 16:21-23, John 13:2, Luke 22:31-34, John 8:31-36, Eph 4:25-27, 2 Cor 10:3-6, Rom 12:2, James 4:7-10, Mark 11:22-25, Luke 10:17-20, Matt 16:16-19, Matt 18:18-20, 1 John 4:4, 1 John 5:4-5, Eph 6:10-18
Remember the Corona restrictions before, during and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– In the Turku area, we are advised to wear face masks when gathering indoors. Bring your own or take one at the entrance of the church.- There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.
– Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk (it is difficult to keep distance in the narrow hallway), go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a blessed week!