1.11. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday.Pastor Stefan Forsbäck will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”, which is a part of the church’s vision. There is Himlakul Sunday School for children. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can of course take your coffee with you as you leave. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom (for Monday meetings) can be found in the news letter or Facebook Åbo Metsku – group.
On every other Friday at 18-20 in church, for 10-14 year old. Next time is 30th October The program consists of playing, teaching, eating, socializing and much more. Welcome to join!
Listen to last Sunday’s message “A heart for God” from Daniel Acquah HERE. After or during listening, think about these questions alone or with your life group:
1. In our time, also in our church, it seems that we value and listen to our mind more than we listen to our emotions and heart. Is it like this for you as well? In what way could you handle your feelings more and better, and in what way is it hurtful/dangerous to not do it?
2. Who has the last word about what happens to your heart?
3. The conditions of your heart determine the outcome of your life. When have you seen this in your life?
4. What can Proverbs 4:23 teach you?
5. Words can be very hurtful. When, for example? In what situation do you hurt others with words, and how can you grow away from this? What attitudes can help according to Daniel?
6. Why is it so important to make decisions about the heart? What did Daniel mention about this? What can the book of Daniel and Ps 119:112-115 teach you?
7. Which Bible passage spoke most strongly to you? Could you take some time and learn it by hearth?
Bible passages: Hebr 4:2, Prov 23:7, Prov 4:23, Dan 1:1-8, Ps 119:112-115, Dan 3:16-18
Remember the Corona restrictions before, during and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– In the Turku area, we are advised to wear face masks when gathering indoors. Bring your own or take one at the entrance of the church.
– There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.
– Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk (it is difficult to keep distance in the narrow hallway), go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a very blessed week!