8.11. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service again this Sunday. This Sunday we will especially remember the dads since it is Father’s day. Pastor Stefan Forsbäck will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”, which is a part of the church’s vision. There is Himlakul Sunday School for children. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can of course take your coffee with you as you leave. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom (for Monday meetings) can be found in our Facebook group (“Åbo Metsku – group”)
JOINT EFFORT IN THE CHURCH/CARMEL
We will finally move the office from the church back to church office Carmel. If you have time to come and help us carry some furniture and the computer that would be highly appreciated. It is on Tuesday 10th of November, starting at 17. Please enrol and find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/events/3284253258340193
Listen to last Sunday’s message “You grow through following and serving Jesus” from our pastor Stefan Forsbäck HERE.
After or during listening, think about these questions alone or with your life group:
1. Who is called to serve God full-time? In what areas?
2. What comes before our calling, or what is a requirement to be called? Why is it so important? What are the priorities according to Matthew 7:21-24?
3. In what three ways are we called to grow? What is assumed to grow spiritually?
4. Why is character more important than competence in the kingdom of God? Why is it so important to live an open life?
5. Which is the only vacancy available in the kingdom of God? How is this expressed in Jesus’ life (for example Luke 22:26-30)? What attitude is important to have in your tasks?
6. These can be the steps needed to grow in your calling: Following Jesus, growing in character and growing in serving. Do any of these steps come naturally to you? Which one is difficult for you?
7. Think about the people you have met in your life. Who has been an example of following Jesus, character, and service? What can you learn from them?
Bible passages: Jer 1:4-5, 1 Cor 10:31, Matt 4:19-20, Matt 7:21-24, Matt 20:25-28, Luke 22:26-30, Matt 25:14-15, Matt 25:23, Eph 6:6-8.
Remember the Corona restrictions before, during and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– In the Turku area, we are advised to wear face masks when gathering indoors. Bring your own or take one at the entrance of the church.
– There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.
– Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk (it is difficult to keep distance in the narrow hallway), go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a blessed week!