22.11. at 11 – Sunday Worship Service
We gather for Sunday Service this Sunday. Ama Acquah will speak on the important theme “Equipping, to live and lead with purpose and passion”, which is a part of the church’s vision. There is Himlakul Sunday School for children. After the service we can share fellowship at the coffee tables, but if you want to be careful you can of course take your coffee with you as you leave. Welcome!
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom (for Monday meetings) can be found in the newsletter or in our Åbo Metsku group on Facebook.
ANNUAL LOCAL CHURCH CONFERENCE
Welcome to an exciting Worship Service and Local Church Conference on Sunday 29th November at 11 a.m. After the service we continue our time of fellowship and the Church Conference (beginning at 1.15 pm if you want to come straight to that) and discuss our future and how we can reach new people with the Gospel.
CHRISTMAS PARTY – A Christmas Celebration
This year’s Christmas celebration will be arranged on Saturday 5th December at 16. We will gather and share fellowship in different homes and have some programs for everyone through Zoom. The guests will bring different foods and the hosts will provide the drinks. Contact Sandra Peltonen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in being a host. For more information on how you will be divided into different homes and how to enrol, follow the event’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1055765088275485
Note! If you want to participate but must be careful since you are part in a risk group or working with risk groups, you can safely participate from your home. Those who are in the same situation have the possibility to meet and interact through a breakout room on Zoom.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TURKU
This year we will again arrange our Christmas help called “Merry Christmas Turku”. The goal is to help 50 less privileged families in Turku by giving them the possibility to wish for one Christmas gift per child, and they will also receive a gift card to a store so they can buy Christmas food. For the second time we are co-operating with Hope Yhdistys, they are the ones who put us in contact with the families. Here are some ways you could help:
– Buy Christmas gift(s) (you decide if you want to pay them yourself, if not you can give us the receipt and we will pay back the amount)
– Wrap Christmas gifts
– Help when we give out the gifts, it will be arranged in the church on Saturday 12th December
– Pray for the families we are helping and the whole project
There will be more details later, but you can already now express your interest in helping by e-mailing email@example.com. For example several families have already given us their Christmas gift wishes.
Listen to last Sunday’s message “Leadership in following Jesus” from our pastor Jakob Edman HERE. After or during listening, think about these questions alone or with your life group:
1. Jacob describes how the fellowship in his lifegroup was a support for him during his time as a student. Do you now have, or have you had a similar support in your life? What was especially important for you? What could you do to find similar support today?
2. Which characteristics of Jesus’ leadership are Jakob highlighting? What aspects are signs of Biblical leadership, according to Paul? Have you at some point experienced the opposite of Christian leadership, as described? When or how did you notice something was different? When have you experienced Biblical leadership, as described by Jakob?
3. What is the foundation of Christian leadership? Who is called to that? What is Jesus sending us out to point to?
4. What dangers are there in the Christian leadership, what can go wrong? Do you have own examples of when it has gone wrong or right? How can you return to the right path after going wrong? (The example of Jesus and Peter).
5. What can we learn about Christian leadership in John 13:3-15? How does this differ from other types of leadership? What do humans have, that gives us a responsibility? How can you today practice Jesus’ attitude and actions in John 13:3-15?
6. Which three aspects are important perspectives for Christian leadership, and the Christian life in general? What roles do these three aspects have in your life?
7. If possible, take some time to memorize one or several of today´s Bible passages.Bible passages: 1 Cor 11:1, John 20:21-22, John 13:3-5, 12-15, Phil 2:12-13, Rom 12:5
Remember the Corona restrictions before, during and after church service! Here are our guidelines:
– In the Turku area, we are advised to wear face masks when gathering indoors. Bring your own or take one at the entrance of the church.- There are hand sanitizers in the church, please use them.
– Remember to keep a safety distance of at least one meter, both when you stand and talk to someone and when sitting down. We will have papers placed on the church seats to remind you of keeping a distance, you can move these so you can sit with your close friends and/or family, but leave an empty chair between your group and the following person.
– Do not stop in the hallway and talk (it is difficult to keep distance in the narrow hallway), go into the church building and sit down. Remember to keep a distance when greeting others.
– During church coffee we spread out the tables. You can also go outside of the church and eat or take it with you when you leave.
– If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or tissue (then throw it away)
– If you have any flu-like symptoms it is best to not attend that Sunday, this also goes for the children in Himlakul. Most children are not able to do social distancing, that is why they cannot attend if they have a running nose or are coughing
– Remember to keep distance in the queue to the coffee
– We encourage persons of risk groups to think twice before attending public gatherings (such as our Sunday Services) in these times
– It might be a good idea to download the Corona tracking app
Have a blessed week!