SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE (via Zoom and Youtube) We gather for Sunday Advent Service this Sunday 13.12. via Zoom and Youtube. Pastor Stefan Forsbäck will speak on the important theme “Jesus changes everything”. You can read an update about the situation HERE. (you need to be a member of the Åbo Metsku-group on Facebook to read the update).
You also find the login codes for Zoom in the Åbo Metsku-group on Facebook.
The link to the Youtube-streaming is found on Facebook in the Åbo Metsku-group right before the service starts.
EVENTS COMING UP:
Every other Friday at 18-20 in church, for 10-14 year olds. The program consists of playing, teaching, eating, socializing, maybe a Christmas surprise and much more. Welcome to join – next time is the Metsku Youth Christmas Party on friday 11.12.2020.
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. You find the login codes for zoom in the Åbo Metsku-group on Facebook.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TURKU
This year we will again arrange our Christmas help called “Merry Christmas Turku”. The goal is to help 50 less privileged families in Turku by giving them the possibility to wish for one Christmas gift per child, and they will also receive a gift card to a store so they can buy Christmas food. For the second time we are co-operating with Hope Yhdistys, they are the ones who put us in contact with the families. Here are some ways you could help:
- Help when we give out the gifts, it will be arranged in the church on Saturday 12th December at 12-18
- Give money to the project
- Pray for the families we are helping and the whole project
BANK AND MOBILEPAY INFORMATION
If you want to give a gift to “Merry Christmas Turku” you should use the reference number: 2600 or give through MobilePay. (Our permitnumber is: RA/2020/1541)
NAMN: Åbo svenska metodistförsamling
IBAN: FI35 5716 9020 0523 25
Reference nr: 2600 (Merry Christmas Turku)
You can also give your offering or donation to us by using the app “Mobilepay” and following these instructions.
After you have installed the app, opened it and added a payment option, you just write the sum you want to give us press next, write the number “11834” press next and just swipe to pay.
LAST SUNDAY’S SERMON
You can listen to the message from pastor Stefan Forsbäck “Jesus changes the way we see God” HERE. You can also find the sunday service on Youtube HERE. (in swedish) After or during listening, think about these questions alone or with your life group:
1. Most of the suffering we experience in the world depends on our own defection and the brokenness in our hearts. In what ways can we see this in society and the world today? How do you experience it in your own life?
2. How can Jesus change the brokenness we experience?
3. What kind of false images of God have you struggled with yourself, or have heard of from others? How do our ideas about God affect our relationship with God and how we look upon ourselves and the world around us?
4. Please read the following chapters in the Bible: Philippians 2:4–8 and Ephesians 2:12–13. What do these verses tell us about God, and what do reveal about His relationship with us?
5. What is the danger in thinking that we must “atone” for our sins? What does God want us to do instead?
6. Please read John 1:16–18 and 8:31–32 and reflect on what it means that Jesus is the truth. Also, which is the truth that he wants to convey to us?
7. In John 3:16 and 1 John 4:10, you can read about God’s love for us. How can we know that God loves us? Can you think about other passages in the Bible where God shows his love?
Bible passages: Phil 2:4-8, Eph 2:12-13, Luke 2:10-11, Luke 2:20, John 1:14, John 8:31-32, John 1:16-18, 1 John 4:8, John 3:16, 1 John 4:1
Thank you for your offerings and donations! Have a blessed week!