SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE (via Zoom and Youtube)
We gather for Sunday Advent Service this Sunday 20.12. at 11 via Zoom and Youtube. This week we have the honor to have Christian Alsted with us, he will speak on the important theme “Jesus changes everything”. Christian is the bishop for the Nordic countries and the Baltic region and an inspiring preacher. Welcome to join the service! To join the Zoom meeting visit the Åbo Metsku-group on Facebook to get the login-information.
The link to the Youtube-streaming is found on Facebook in the Åbo Metsku-group right before the service starts.
EVENTS COMING UP:
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom (for Monday meetings) are found in the Åbo Metsku group on Facebook.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TURKU
This year we will again arrange our Christmas help called “Merry Christmas Turku”. The goal is to help 50 less privileged families in Turku by giving them the possibility to wish for one Christmas gift per child, and they will also receive a gift card to a store so they can buy Christmas food. For the second time we are co-operating with Hope Yhdistys, they are the ones who put us in contact with the families. Here are some ways you could help:
- Give money to the project
- Pray for the families we are helping and the whole project
BANK AND MOBILEPAY INFORMATION
If you want to give Metsku a gift or your tenth here’s all the information you need in order to do so. In December we are arranging our Christmas help called “Merry Christmas Turku”. The goal is to help about 50 less privileged families in Turku by giving them the possibility to wish for one Christmas gift per child, and to receive a gift card to a store so they can buy Christmas food. If you want to give a gift to “Merry Christmas Turku” you should use the reference number: 2600 or give through MobilePay.
NAMN: Åbo svenska metodistförsamling
IBAN: FI35 5716 9020 0523 25
Reference nr: 2600 (Merry Christmas Turku)
You can also give your offering or donation to us by using the app “Mobilepay” and following these instructions.
After you have installed the app, opened it and added a payment option, you just write the sum you want to give us press next, write the number “11834” press next and just swipe to pay.
LAST SUNDAY’S SERMON
Please feel free to use these questions to dig deeper into Stefan Forsbäck’s important message, “Jesus changes how God sees you.” You can go through them alone or in a group, after or as you are listening to the sermon. You find the link to the service HERE (in swedish).
1. Isaiah 9:4 speaks about a yoke of burdens. What kind of yokes do we carry around in our lives from which Jesus wants to liberate us?
2. Think about why our self-image affects our lives and the choices we make in life. In what ways can our self-image limit us?
3. In John 1:1-5 and 9 and John 8:12, Jesus is described as light. How can that light transform us?
4. 1 John 1:7 talks about “walking in the light.” What does that mean?
5. What is our true identity in Christ? Read, for example, 2 Cor 5:17, Romans 8:1-3, John 8:36
6. Stefan encouraged us to take the following thought to our heart: When Jesus died for your sins, he didn’t only take away your punishment, but he also died for all the wrongdoings that have been done against you. Reflect on its effect on our lives if we let that thought change our minds.
Bible passages: Isaiah 9:1-7, John 1:1-5, John 1:9, John 8:12, 1 John 1:7, Eph 2:4-10, Eph 2:14-19, 2 Cor 5:17, Romans 8:1-3, John 8:36
Thank you for your offerings and donations! Have a blessed week!