SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE (via Zoom and Youtube)
We gather for Sunday Service this Sunday 17.01.2021 at 11 via Zoom and Youtube. This week Stefan Forsbäck will speak on the important theme “Take your place”. Welcome to join the service! You find the login information for Zoom in Åbo Metsku Facebookgroup.
The link to the Youtube-streaming is found on Facebook in the Åbo Metsku-group right before the service starts.
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. You find the login information for Zoom in Åbo Metsku Facebookgroup.
PRAYER WEEK IN METSKU 18-22 JANUARY
We in Metsku usually start the year with a prayer week to focus on Jesus and ask God for guidance, revival and help for the coming year. You can participate either by praying on your own or in a small group at home or you can join the prayer in the church. We will gather and pray during the coming week in the church on January 18-22 every morning at 9-10 and on Wednesday at 16-17. Should we become more than 10 persons, we divide into smaller groups and spread out in different spaces. For more information see the Facebook event here.
Every other Friday at 18-20 in church, for 10-14 year olds. The program consists of playing, teaching, eating and socializing. Welcome to join – next time is on friday 15.1.2021.
ENTER – Metsku School of Leadership
Exciting news: On February 8, Metsku launches its brand new school of leadership, which will run every three weeks throughout the spring! The school of leadership is intended for every Christian who wants to grow in his discipleship, discover his talents, and be equipped for his mission in the kingdom of God. We believe that EVERYONE is called to serve as a leader on some level in life: in the family, in a relationship, in a small group, in an entire organization. Everyone can also grow in his or her leadership. We long to see people find their place in God’s great plan and see the body of Christ function and grow strong in Metsku. All of this begins and has its basis in our daily discipleship and our relationship with Jesus Christ. This is the point of departure from where we may move on to an exciting journey of growth and equipping. Mark the dates in your calendar now! Every third Monday, beginning on February 8. (1.3, 22.3, 12.4, 3.5, 24.5)
LAST WEEKS SERMON
Please feel free to use these questions to dig deeper into Camilla Klockars important message, “What would jesus do?” You can go through them alone or in a group, after or as you are listening to the sermon. You find the link to the service in the Åbo Metsku group on Facebook. (In Swedish)
1. What are the risks if the original message about Jesus is distorted over time?
2. What does Jesus want to convey in Luke 4: 14-30?
3. Based on the Bible passage above, what is the calling for us as a congregation?
4. Please read Matt 10:22-28. Why can we not expect an easy life as Christians?
5. Camilla said that there are people around us who have open hearts and to whom we are sent. Think about if you have any such person near you right now.
6. The Bible says that “no one can become a prophet in his own hometown.” Why is it often so difficult to testify of one’s faith among people you already know?
7. Camilla pointed out that we are sent to a widow, that it is not the quantity that counts but that we are sent out to individuals. Why is there such an enticement in wanting only to serve the masses and do the most visible tasks?