SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE (via Zoom and Youtube)
We gather for Sunday Service this Sunday 31.01.2021 at 11 via Zoom and Youtube. This week Kenneth Witick will continue to speak on the important theme “Take your place” and teach us about the personality gifts. Welcome to join the service!
You will find the information about how to join the zoom meeting and the link to the Youtube-streaming on Facebook in the Åbo Metsku-group right before the service starts.
PRAYER AT ZOOM AND IN THE CHURCH
Welcome to pray together on Zoom on Mondays at 9 and in the church on Wednesdays at 16. The login codes for zoom (for Monday meetings) are to be found in the Åbo Metsku group on Facebook.
Every other Friday at 18-20 in church, for 10-14 year olds. The program consists of playing, teaching, eating and socializing. Welcome to join – next time is tomorrow on friday 15.1.2021.
ENTER – Metsku School of Leadership
Exciting news: On February 8, Metsku launches its brand new school of leadership, which will run every three weeks throughout the spring!
The school of leadership is intended for every Christian who wants to grow in his discipleship, discover his talents, and be equipped for his mission in the kingdom of God. We believe that EVERYONE is called to serve as a leader on some level in life: in the family, in a relationship, in a small group, in an entire organization. Everyone can also grow in his or her leadership. We long to see people find their place in God’s great plan and see the body of Christ function and grow strong in Metsku. All of this begins and has its basis in our daily discipleship and our relationship with Jesus Christ. This is the point of departure from where we may move on to an exciting journey of growth and equipping. Mark the dates in your calendar now! Every third Monday, beginning on February 8. (1.3, 22.3, 12.4, 3.5, 24.5)
Please check out the Facebook-event HERE for more information and registration.
LAST WEEKS SERMON
Please feel free to use these questions to dig deeper into Stefan Forsbäcks important teaching about the five ministries. You can go through them alone or in a group, after or as you are listening to the sermon. You find the link to the service on the Metsku Youtubechannel. (In Swedish)
1. Stefan pointed out that the five ministries were given to all of us and that in all of us, there is an inherent potential for them. Depending on, for example, our personality, one or two of the ministries become more prominent in us. Which of the five ministries do you see most clearly in yourself?
2. The five ministries can be symbolized by the five fingers of the hand. Either alone by yourself or together in a group, try to recall which finger stands for which ministry and why.
3. What are the characteristic features of the apostle, the prophet, the evangelist, the shepherd, and the teacher?
4. Do you recognize any of the five ministries in friends, acquaintances, or famous Christians?
5. Consider the possible strengths and weaknesses of the apostle, the prophet, the evangelist, the shepherd, and the teacher.
Biblepassages: Eph 4:7 och 4:11-13, Heb 3:1, Luke 4:18-19, 1 Cor 3:10-11, John 20:21-22, Luke 19:10, John 10:11
GIFT TEST FOR THE MINISTRY GIFTS
Last Sunday, Pastor Stefan taught about the five ministry gifts in Eph. 4:11. If you want to do a gift test online to get help in discovering what grace or service gift you may have within you or that is being developed, you can do a free test at the following address:http://www.fivefoldsurvey.com/
NOTE – IMPORTANT to keep in mind when doing a test like this:
1) Answer the questions as honestly as possible, without thinking or overanalyzing.
2) The test result may not tell the whole truth, so do not think that the test will give you a label for the rest of your life. The gifts can be developed and change over time.
3) The ones who ultimately give the gifts are Jesus and the Holy Spirit, working together in a community. So the most important thing is to continue to let God work and be part of an encouraging community that helps everyone grow and find their gifts.