Metsku Youth will meet on Friday 24.9 at 18-20.30 in church. Metsku Youth is for 10-14 year olds and the program consists of playing, teaching, eating and socializing. Welcome to join!
Metsku Youth will from now on meet every other Friday, even weeks, the following dates: 8.10, 22.10, 5.11, 19.11, 3.12, 17.12.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
We gather for Sunday Service in the church on Sunday 26.9. at 11. Jonathan Westergård, pastor in Mikaelin seurakunta, will share the word with us about the theme Transforming. Welcome to join the service!
There will also be Sunday School “Himlakul” for the kids!
We will try to keep the service as safe as possible for everyone. It’s therefore important to participate only if you are healthy. We should all be washing our hands and keeping our distance from each other. Using a facemask is still a recommendation but not compulsory and people who have difficulties breathing with a mask or for other health reasons cannot use a mask do not need to wear one.
The link to the Youtube-streaming is found on Facebook in the Åbo Metsku-group right before the service starts.
LAST WEEKS SERMON
Please feel free to use these questions to dig deeper into Stefan Forsbäcks important teaching from last Sunday. You can go through them alone or in a group, after or as you are listening to the sermon. You find the link to the service here. (in Swedish)
1. In what way is rest an opportunity to come closer to God?
2. What does it mean that God has sanctified and blessed the day of rest?
3. Read the following Bible passages: Exodus 31:14, James 2:10 Exodus 31:17, Ezekiel 20: 10-12. When you read these places, you notice that God takes rest seriously. Think about why it might be so.
4. Read Mark 2:23-28 and think about what Jesus wants to teach us through this.
5. How do you think your life could change if you took the rest seriously and received the gift that God wants to give you thru it?
Bible passages: Genesis 2: 1-3, Exodus 20: 8-11, James 2:10, Exodus 31:14, Exodus 31:17, Ezekiel 20: 10-12, Mark 2: 23-28, Mark 2: 23–28