We will gather and pray together at church every Wednesday at 18-19. We will pray for current prayer topics in the congregation and also peoples personal prayer requests. Welcome to join!
Metsku Youth will meet on Friday 5.11. at 18-20.30 in church. Metsku Youth is for 10-14 year olds and the program consists of playing, teaching, eating and socializing. Welcome to join!
Metsku Youth will from now on meet every other Friday, even weeks, the following dates: 19.11, 3.12, 17.12.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
We gather for Sunday Service in the church on Sunday 7.11. at 11. Anna Stenlund-Degbey h will share the word with us about the theme Transforming. Welcome to join the service!
There will be Sunday School “Himlakul” for the kids. The following dates for Himlakul are: 21.11 and 5.12.
We will try to keep the service as safe as possible for everyone. It’s therefore important to participate only if you are healthy. We should all be washing our hands and keeping our distance from each other. Using a facemask is still a recommendation but not compulsory and people who have difficulties breathing with a mask or for other health reasons cannot use a mask do not need to wear one.
LAST WEEKS SERMON
Questions to the sermon “Preserving our faith” with Ama Acquah (31.10)
You can listen to the sermon HERE.
Bible passages: Hebr 12:1-3, Rev 21:2-4, 1 Tim 4:7-8, Matt 25:1-13, Eph 6:10-16
1. ”We are all running our own race but the destination is the same” – what does this mean to you and your faith?
2. What are the things in life you can control, what are the things you cannot control?How can you deal with this, and what helps you to press on when this is difficult?
3. What does this Bible passage mean to you? What can we learn for example from there being a cloud of witnesses, perseverance and everyone having their own race?
4. From the sermon: Why am I a Christian? In our turbulent times it is important to know why we are, so ask yourself this from time to time. It is easy to get overwhelmed, it helps us to hold onto the eternal perspective.
5. What is this cloud of witnesses that is around us? What does this mean to you? In what way may this provide comfort and hope?
6. What is a hike like, and what are the things that you should remember to pack when going for a hike? What things are easiest and most difficult to remember for you?
7. How can we travel light? What may be needed to put aside, what do I personally need to set aside? What are the snares I might easily fall for, maybe pride?
8. From the sermon: If I know that the world is coming to an end in the next hour, what are the things you would focus on or pay attention to the most? What would you hold on to? Those are the things you should focus on the most and hold on to at all times.
9. When holding on to your faith, in what way is the spiritual armour important?
10. In the end Ama recaps the sermon. What part is most important for you, what could be your next step in that direction? What did The Message version of Hebrew 12:1-3 bring to your mind?