We will gather and pray together at church every Wednesday at 18-19. We will pray for current prayer topics in the congregation and also peoples personal prayer requests. Welcome to join!
Metsku Youth will meet on Friday 3.12. at 18-20.30 in church. Metsku Youth is for 10-14 year olds and the program consists of playing, teaching, eating and socializing. Welcome to join!
Metsku Youth will from now on meet every other Friday, even weeks, the following date: 17.12.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
We gather for Advent Sunday Service in the church on Sunday 5.12. at 11. Stefan Forsbäck will share the word with us. Welcome to join the service!
There will be Sunday School “Himlakul” for the kids!
We will try to keep the service as safe as possible for everyone. It’s therefore important to participate only if you are healthy. We should all be washing our hands and keeping our distance from each other. We recommend all that are able to wear a facemask to wear one. But it’s not compulsory for people who have difficulties breathing with a mask or for ones with other health reasons that cannot use a mask.
A CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
We are happy to invite you to Metskus Christmas Celebration on the 11th of December. Last chance to register today!
We have two settings starting at 11am and 5pm. We do our best to include everyone, but the space in both settings is limited due to the need to retain sufficient distance.
Please register as soon as possible! Register by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/aDiMGVYWbgxsEWg2A
Registration ends on 30 November.
The two settings do not have identical programs. For example, please note that a program for children is included in the setting starting at 11 am.The Metsku Christmas event operates with the potluck principle. We will ask about potluck food and drinks only after your registration is confirmed.
Blessings to you and welcome to celebrate Christmas with us!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TURKU
It’s now time to arrange our annual Christmas help called “Merry Christmas Turku”. The goal is to help 50 less privileged families in Turku by giving them the possibility to wish for one Christmas gift per child, and they will also receive a gift card to a store so they can buy Christmas food.For the second time we are co-operating with Hope Yhdistys and they are the ones who put us in contact with the families.
For more information about how you can help out with the project check out the Facebook-event HERE.
Give a gift to support the collection:
Bank: FI35 5716 9020 0523 25, Åbo Svenska metodistförsamling
Permission number: RA/2021/1145
LAST WEEKS SERMON
Questions to Nalle Elfving’s sermon ”Who is he?” (28.11)
Bible passages: Matt 21:1-11, Joh 15:7-17, Act 2:37-38, 2 Cor 5:17, Mark 9:23, Phil 4:13, Eph 2:4-10, Matt 6:33
1. From the sermon: what did the disciples realize when they saw Jesus ride into Jerusalem? Where did this realization come from?
2. Faith in Jesus are the word and actions. What does Nalle tell us about this? Do you have any examples from your own life?
3. In what way is the Holy Spirit important for our lives today? What examples do you have, what did Nalle share?
4. What tasks and what calling is easy for us to miss in our daily life? What can help us to see them more easily? Why are they so important?
5. “I can do all things God asks me of, thanks to Christ who gives me strength and power”. What Bible passages on this topic did Nalle share, and what examples? Do you have any examples from your own life?
6. What is your part in allowing God to reach out through you? Think about the times you have experienced it, inspired by Nalle’s examples. Was it easy or difficult? What can you learn?
7. “Read what is written (in the Bible), believe in what is written and you will receive what is written.” Do you agree? How can we learn to believe and act on the Bible?
8. Try out this exercise from the sermon for one week: every week, think through your day and think about when you experience that God was guiding you, what happened then? When do you think you chose what to do, how did that work out? In what way did this help Nalle, what did it help him to notice?
9. Nalle shared many stories he had experienced. What example stuck to you, why? Have you experienced something you would like to share to somebody about?